Monday, May 10, 2010

YAA

Well, the gallery showing was lovely, and I was quite proud to be one of the only two from my school to have been chosen for this honor. If you're interested, here are pictures of my piece:

Here is me next to my piece.



And here is a closeup of my work. It is called "Runaways," and it is a social commentary on runaway adolescents. I used wall compound on canvas, then sprayed it with a textured spray paint to make it look like stone, and watercolored the shadows and an alleyway scene. I was really going for a grunge look, and I spent a few hours looking up scenes of alleyways and focusing on textures, such as the exposed brick in this piece. I must say, it was a blast making, and it really allowed me to try new techniques. I think this is one of my favorite pieces I've made.