Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Graduation

No, not mine, my little sister's. Tomorrow night is the big ceremony (oh god, I'm gonna be kidnapped and experimented on; they think I'm from another planet). So, she'll be joining me at my high school next year (nooooooooooo-). ... I honestly can't think of anything else to write (it's been a LONG day), so here's another piece.

One of my assignments earlier this year, a hallway drawing, with something unexpected thrown into it. Despite our school being built like a prison, the few rays of light that manage to get inside provide for a wonderful environment of stark contrast between light and dark. So, I drew near the cafeteria, and had a tree break through one of the columns. I used black and white conte on brown toned paper (my first time ever using conte, and thus, discovering my love for it).

Just a closeup of part of it. I'm rather proud of this piece (seeing as I hate observational drawings with a burning passion), and it actually won 4th place in its category at AYAA this year.

Well, I am keeping my fingers crossed for some potentially amazing opportunities to happen (I'll explain later if it actually happens), so I've been trying to keep myself occupied (mostly working on jewelry) rather then having a panic attack from the excitement. I'm trying to find the motivation to start studying for my semester exams (gee, I wonder how that'll work out), fretting over every time my dad makes me test out my new driving permit (no crashes yet!), and dealing with everday life one step at a time. Geez, I sound like some sappy motivational speaker... oh well.