Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday

I wanted to post something profound... but I forgot what I was going to say...

...So, I'll just post more of my old artwork.

These pieces are from 2008-2009(?) during my sophomore year. These are all pen and sharpie (I still hadn't drifted too far out of my comfort zone yet), and when I realized my love of bold lines and tattoo-inspired art.

I've tossed around the idea of becoming a tattoo artist when I'm older, possibly as a part time job. Now, if only my parents would let me get one...

I have always loved Eastern cultures, and their aspects have always influenced my work. This was a simplified version of a lucky cat I got from the state fair several years ago.

Oh, and if you're wondering why I'm not posting anything from my freshman year, it's because I am so ashamed of those works that I refuse to allow any of you to see them. So, ha. :)