Wednesday, June 9, 2010

No Reservations

I'm such a nerd for the Travel Channel (Anthony Bourdain in particular). I can't help it! The sarcastic, alcoholic, smoking ass is so entertaining! Plus, this episode's on Jamaica.

Anyway, I thought I'd post another piece from my concentration pieces.

This piece is "Train of Thought," and is adapted from one of my sketchbook doodles. I used one of my fellow Advertising Design classmates as my model. I sketched him in ebony pencil, used sharpie for the train tracks, watercolor, and marker (the trains). All of this is on a recycled piece of mattboard.

Here is a closeup of the piece. Once again, I tried to focus on the elements and principles of design, especially color, line, repitition, and proportion. Also, I incorporated raised areas (the trains) to create layers.


I'm counting down the days 'til AGS!